Practice Area: Law Practicing since 2041 B. S. continuously till date
Education & Qualification:
Ph. D. in Political Science and Ph. D. in Law, both from Tribhuvan University, Nepal
Master in Laws (LL.M) passed in First division (optional subject with International Law): 2000, Nepal Law Campus,T.U.
Master in Arts (M.A.), 1984, Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu, Nepal
Bachelor in Arts (B.A.), 1979, Patan Multiple Campus, Tribhuvan University.
Diploma in Law (BL).1982, Nepal Law Campus, Tribhuvan University,. Nepal.
Proficiency Certificate in Law (PCL), 1976, Nepal Law Campus, Tribhuvan University, Nepal
Intermediate in Arts (I.A.) in 1975 from Tribhuvan University, Nepal
School Leaving Certificate (S.L.C.), 1973, Nepal Rastriya Vidhyaaya Peeth, Government recognized SLC Board, Nepal
Worked as different status:
• Education Dean Office, T.U.1977-1978
• Padma Kanya Campus T.U. 1979-1982
• Rules and Regulation Formulation Division, T.U.1983-1986
Worked as an officer:
• Chief Legal Advisor’s Office (worked as assistant legal advisor), T.U. 1985-1988
• Office of the T.U. Council and Executive Committee (Central Office, Kirtipur ) 1988-1989
Assistant Lecturer; Nepal Law Campus 1989 – 1992
Lecturer: Faculty of Law T.U. 1991- till date
Lecturer: Nepal Law Campus; 2001-2009
Reader: Faculty of Law 2009- till date.
Participated in different types of training programs organized by various national and international agencies like T.U, Nepal Bar Association, Danish Institute for Human Rights etc.
1. Participated in “A Training Workshop Program on UN Human Rights reporting under Convention Against Torture ( CAT) “held on 24-28n March, 2003 at Kathmandu, Nepal.
2 South Asia Teaching Session on International Humanitarian Law, Jointly organized by NALSAR University, India and ICRC during 12 to 19 April 2009.
• Former Executive Member, Nepal Bar Association, Lalitpur
• Former Counselor (Parshad), Nepal Bar Association, district wing Lalitpur 1995 – 1998
• Former Member – Secretary, LL. M. Degree Establishment Taskforce Committee (formed under the Faculty of Law, TU in 1992
• Former Member, Constitutional and Administrative Law Subject Committee and Criminal Law Subject Committee, Faculty of Law; TU
• Member, Nepal Professor’s Association; T.U Nepal
• Former Advisor, Lalitpur Metropolitan City – 13
• Executive Member, Nepal Political Science Association (POLSAN) 1998 – 2001
• Former Executive Member, Nepal Bar Association 2002 to till date
• President , Forum for International Law, (FILN), Nepal
• Former President, Tribhuvan University Teacher’s Association, Nepal Law Campus Unit, Kathmandu..
• Administrative Experience
Joined T.U Service as an Assistant administrator since 2033. BS and succeeded to be Section Officer in 1976 and worked for about 12 years in different campuses, Divisions under the Central Offices, TU.
Joined teaching service in Nepal Law Campus since 1989 as an Assistant Lecturer in Law and succeeded to be Lecturer in 1992 from free competition exam. of TU. Service Commission and working in the same capacity till date.
Law Practicing as an advocate of Supreme Court since 1985 to till the date..
About Seven mini- research works completed on different subject areas like International Law and Human Rights, Adm. Law, Criminal Law, Constitutional Law, Refugee Law, sponsored by different agencies like Faculty of Law, T.U., University Grant Commission, Refugee Law Chair Nepal. etc.
About five reports prepared as a rapporteur of the various programmes conducted by the agencies like Tribhuvan University, Danish Institute for Human Rights and other agencies.
Working papers presented to the Faculty of Law, T.U. for the teacher’s orientation program of LL.B on the subjects like Human Rights in Nepalese Prospective, Violation of Human Rights, administrative Law and Election Law (based on third year curriculum)
1. “Administrative Law” (in Nepali) accepted as a reference book for the LL.B Ist year curriculum by the Faculty Board of Faculty of Law T.U. in 2001.
2. Fiscal Law based on the curriculum of LL.B level in 2064 Bs, Published by Prashanti Prakashan, Kathmandu.
3. Business Law, Based on new curriculum of BBS and BBA under Faculty of Management, TU. As one of the Co-authors among three authors Published by ARCADIA Publishing House Pvt. Ltd. Kathmandu.
Various articles published in different Journals and Magazines like Nyayadoot, Kanoon Nepal Law Review, Rising Nepal daily, Gorkhapatra daily, Kantipur daily etc. covering various subject areas like International Law and Human Rights, Jurisprudence, Environmental Law, Constitution, Administrative law, Election Law, Refugee Law etc.
Decorated by Mahendra Bidya Bhushan Medal grade ‘A’ by Late His Majesty the King Birendra Bir Bikram Shahdeva in 1999.
Seminar Interaction Program etc:
Participated in several types of seminars organized by national and international agencies like T.U; Nepal Bar Association, ILO, WIPO, UNCHR, Nepal Law Society etc. on the subjects like Human Rights concerning issues together with other legal facets in different periods of time.
1. A Three day Orientation Program on Environmental Justice for University Teachers” organized by Forum for Justice, Nepal.(from May 28 to 30,2005
On The Administrative System of Nepal: A Study of the Public Service Commission and its Role in strengthening the Bureaucracy” in 1999.
on Various legal Literacy Programs, organized by the Legal Assistance project, Nepal Bar Association on Human Rights concerning issues.
Lecture delivered as a resource person in the Seminar class of Nepal Law Campus presented by the students under the curriculum of LL.M Ist year on various topics.
As a Legal Consultant of Danish Institute for Human Rights, worked in National Human Rights Commission since 24-28 March, 2003 and provided consultancy service to the National Human Rights Commission on matters relating to UN Human Rights Reporting and Legislative Review.
Subject Taught in the Past:
Taught in ‘Seminar’ ( one of the compulsory subjects in LL.M first year program ) as a Co- Convener of Seminar subject in Nepal Law Campus, TU.
Subject recently Teaching: Refugee Law in LL.M (Ist year) at Nepal law Campus.
Visit: India, USA,Thailand, Japan, South Korea etc.