Practice Area: Kathmandu
Education & Qualification:
M.A., B.L., L.L.M.
• Working experience in the field of law, education, environment, human right, population, children & women, legal literacy, election observation and development alone and with several NGOs and INGOs.
• Worked to several societies, groups, schools, institutions and associations as a hired lecturer, visiting teacher, researcher and consultant.
• Six months Clinical Legal Education Programme organized by T.U. with the support of Asia Foundation, USA (Feb. – July 1991)
• Training on Intellectual Property and International Treaties and Conventions and Participation as a representative of Nepalese Young Lawyer on the Afro-Asian Moot Court Competition Banglore India 1991.
• Training on Equity, Justice and Human Rights Programme and participation in the South Asian Young Lawyers Debate Competition, Colombo, Srilanka, 1992
• Training on Election Monitoring/Observation organized by NEOC, ANFREL & Forum-Asia, 1999
• Several other professional & human right trainings and participation on Seminar, Workshops & debates.
• Training the trainers programme on safe guarding Human Rights in the criminal justice system in Nepal. Jointly organized by Kathmandu School of Law Nepal and Sydney Center for International Law, Australia, 12-13 April 2009, Kathmandu.
• Legal Consultant – Hotel Samsara Pvt. Ltd., Chabahil, Kathmandu (A foreign investment’s Joint Venture Company under Swiss Management) since 2004 to till date
Employee and Position held :
• Paid Lawyer of Supreme Court Nepal, 2054 B.S.
• Legal Advisor, Tikapur Town Development Committee, Tikapur, Kaitaly, A special town planning & development Committee of H.M.G. Ministry of Housing and Physical Planning, 2052 – 2054 B.S.
• Security Law Export, higher level task force for the Security Agency Modernization, Home Ministry Government of Nepal, 2065-6-12 to 2065-9-11, Nepal.
Professional Designation and post held:
• Legal Practitioner as an advocate
• Central Councilor of Nepal Bar Association, 2058 – 2060 B.S.
• Central Councilor of Nepal Bar Association, 2064 – 2066 B.S.
• Member of Central Committee of Legal Research of Nepal Bar Association 2060 – 2063 B.S.
• Member Secretary of Central Committee of Social Welfare and Social Justice of Nepal Bar Association, 2063 – 2065 B.S.
• Nepali (good)
• Hindi (good)
• English (good)
-Visiting faculty on Hospitality Law at NATHM for BHM
-Visiting faculty on Tourism Law at NATHM for BTTM
-Lecturer of Law at Chakrabarti Law Collage Baneshwor
-Senior Lecture at Apex Collage Baneshwor
-Visiting Faculty on Business Law at Padmashree International College