Practice Area: Undertaken the responsibility of managing and organizing over 200 seminars, conferences, training, workshops, talk programmes in different themes and areas in various parts of the country convened under the aegis of Nepal Law Society, ICJ/Nepal Section and International Bar Association, Association for Prevention of Torture, Geneva (APT), IIDS, Nepal Bar Association, Human Rights Commission and Rural Development Foundation/ Nepal.
Education & Qualification:
• Diploma in Law (DL), Tribhuvan University, 1982
• Currently undergoing L.L.M program in Human Right & Gender Justice from Purbanchal University
• 1990 to Present : Practitioner Lawyer and Mediator
Specialised area – Property, Land,
Women and Children’s issues
Anamnagar, Kathmandu, Nepal
Nepal Bar Association
• 1991 to Present : Treasurer, and Trainer,
Nepal Law Society
• 1999 to Present : Treasurer, and Trainer,
Rural Development Foundation/Nepal
• 1990 to Present : Member
Nepal Bar Association, Supreme Court Bar Unit
• 2004 to Present : Treasurer,
Creative Legal Aid Society
• 2004 to Present : Mediator and Trainer
Mediation Centre, Access to Justice (UNDP),
Anamnagar, Kathmandu Nepal.
• 2006 to Present : Executive Member
• As a mediation expert, settled more than 50 court-referred cases and actively involved with the Mediation Centre Nepal to promote mediation and councelling service.
• As a professional lawyer, contionuously active in practice in all level of courts since last 18 years.
• 1997/1998 Conducted “Training of Self – Reliant Development Program” for local women at 9 VDCs in Kapilbastu District on being assigned as Consultant/Resource Person of Institute for Integrated Development Studies (IIDS), Dec 23, 1996 to Jan 09, 1997.
• 1991-2006 As a training resource person, conducted more then 100 training programs for elected local body’s officials, elected women office bearers, potential women candidates, community civil society women office bearers, school students, women teachers, women police, for Nepal Bar Association, Legal Aid Project, Nepal Law Society, Rural Development Foundation/Nepal, Police Training Academy, Women Development office, Lalitpur, Ministry of Women, Children & Social Welfare and IIDS in cooperation with Norwegian Bar Association/ NDI/ F. Neumann Foundation/ SDC/ USIS, FPA, UNDP and DANIDA- DASU. (The program covered about 65 districts all over Nepal) Trainer in Land system and settlement of Land Disputes for Land Surveyors of various courts organized by Rule of Law project, UNDP and School of Geometrics in June 2006.
• Resource person of Training of Trainers Programme (TOT), organized by Rural Development Foundation (RDF) for its members of Rautahat and Nuwakot districts, April/May, 2007.
• Facilitator and coordinator of different training program on women’s right, organized by Women Development Office, Lalitpur, Ministry of Women, Children & Social Welfare.
• 2002 -2003 Team Member, Project on Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) in Nepal: Measures to Implement the Existing Legal Provisions implemented by Rural Development Foundation in cooperation with DASU- DANIDA.
• Served as Legal Expert in Gender Empowerment Programme organized by Nepal Law Society in cooperation with Friedrich Neumann Foundation. 1990-1998 (The program covered about 15 districts all over Nepal)
• Team Member : Orientation cum training programme for Police Officers and Law Enforcement Officials on Human Rights Organized by Nepal Law Society in cooperation with Australian Embassy 1995-1996
• Resource person / Trainer in Human Rights Literacy Programme, organized by Nepal Law Society in cooperation with Norwegian Bar Association. (The program covered about 40 districts of Nepal) 1994-1996
• As a training resource person, conducted Mediation Training organized by Supreme Court Nepal, Aug-Sept 2010
• Conducted Legal Advice Clinic in 3 districts of Nepal (Siraha, Saptari, Udayapur) organized by ‘Mahila Bikash Manch’(Action Aid Nepal) November 2010
VI. SEMINAR/WORKSHOPS MANAGING EXPERIENCE
Undertaken the responsibility of managing and organizing over 200 seminars, conferences, training, workshops, talk programmes in different themes and areas in various parts of the country convened under the aegis of Nepal Law Society, ICJ/Nepal Section and International Bar Association, Association for Prevention of Torture, Geneva (APT), IIDS, Nepal Bar Association, Human Rights Commission and Rural Development Foundation/ Nepal.
IV. TRAININGS / WORKSHOPS
• Trainer’s Skill Development Training, conducted by Nepal Law Society, 1994 Nepal.
• Participated in Training Workshop on Lawyers and Industrial Relations, organized by Nepal Law Society (August 04 to 06, 1995)
• Participated in “Training of Trainers Program” organized by Industrial Relations Forum (September 22 to 26, 1995).
• Participated in Rural Appraisal Training, conducted by Nepal Participatory Action Network (NEPAN) and Management Training and Research Centre (MTRC) 1998.
• Mediation Training in Court Referred Cases (Access To Justice Programme – UNDP) August, 2005
• Participated in 2 days training on “Globalization and W.T.O. Impacts and Perspectives for Nepal” organized by Supreme Court Bar Association and Action Aid International Nepal (11 Nov, 2006)
• 1982 : Appointed as legal officer (gazatted) at
Supreme Court for 3 months.
• 1996 to 1998 : Legal Consultants of Group 4 Security Nepal
• 1998 to 2000 : Executive Member,
Supreme Court Bar Association, Nepal
• 1993 to for six month : StipendiaryAdvocate,DistrictCourt, Kathmandu
• 1995 to for six month : Stipendiary Advocate, Appellate Court,
III. AREA OF WORK
• As a lawyer handled cases on Property, Land, Women, Children and various other issues.
• Activly involved in mediation of court referred family cases at Mediation Center Nepal
• Actively involved in the development of curriculum for different training programs.
• Conducted Paralegal Training programs in various districts of Nepal.
COUNTRIES VISITED: INDIA, USA, GERMANY, CROATIA, FRANCE,
GREAT BRITAIN, SWITZERLAND, ITALY