Practice Area: Corporate Law, Taxation, Hydropower, Banking, Insurance, Aviation, Project Finance, Notarization, Translation, International Business, International Dispute Resolution and Litigation
Education & Qualification:
• 1990 – 1991 : Master of Laws, Columbia University School of Law, New York, NY,
• 1989 : Annual Summer Program in American Law, University of Wisconsin School
of Law, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
• 1981 – 1984 : Master of Laws, University of Delhi, Faculty of Law, New Delhi, India
• 1974 – 1980 : Diploma in Law, Nepal Law Campus, Tribhuwan University, Faculty
of Law, Kathmandu, Nepal
• Attorney at Law: Admitted as an advocate at the Nepal Bar Association.
• Certified Notary Public and an Official Translator
and International Business Transactions and Litigation. He has
specialized in handling International Dispute and Dispute Resolution Process
• He has 5 years of experience as a foreign Legal Associate in New York City, NY.
• He is a Certified Notary Public and an Official Translator, and has worked as a
translator for various national and international agencies in Nepal.
• He has been providing legal services and representing various business houses, banks
and insurance companies as well as various national and multinational corporations in
• He has consulting service experience of more than 10 years and has also worked as a
consultant for World Bank, Asian Development Bank, Australian Aid and other donor
• He has worked as a Domestic Consultant for several agencies in various infrastructure
• He has experience helping foreign clients in setting up their business in Nepal, and
providing necessary assistance to establish Joint Venture companies pursuant to the
laws of Nepal.
• He has been giving Legal Consultation to Hydropower companies;
o Draft, review and negotiate Power Purchase Agreement and Implantation and
Transmission Service Agreement with Nepal Electricity Authority
o Legal Due Diligence relating to the prospect of investing in a Hydro Project in
o Advising the company on other laws and policies matter.
o Reviewing and revising the Power Development Agreement to be signed
between a Company and the Government of Nepal.
o Assisting in reviewing and finalizing the India-Nepal Transmission Line
• Mr. Gandhi possesses extensive experience in Aviation Law;
o Advising on draft regulations for developing a regional airport under BOOT.
o He has also worked for several domestic operators in negotiating the leasing
and purchasing of aircrafts for commercial operation.
o Review and negotiate Aircraft Purchase Agreement and Aircraft Leasing
1997 – Present: Attorney at Law, Gandhi and Associates, Kathmandu, Nepal.
1984 – Present: Associate Professor, Nepal Law Campus, Tribhuvan University, Faculty of
Law, Kathmandu, Nepal.
1991 – 1992: Practicing Law at the Law Office of Krishna M. Vempaty, New York, NY.
1992 – 1997: Practicing Law at the Law office of K. Qauzi New York, NY.
1984 – Present : Member, Supreme Court Bar Association, Nepal.
1984 – Present : Member, Nepal Bar Association.
1984- Present : Faculty Member in Nepal Law Campus, Tribhuvan University and teaching
commercial law to LLM Students.
1998 – Present : Member, Advisory Committee to Ganesh Man Singh Foundation.
1989 – 1990 : Executive Member, Tribhuvan University Teacher’s Association.
1993 – 1997 : Member, American Society of International Law, Washington DC.
2003- Present : Member, International Court of Arbitration (ICA), within the International
Chamber of Commerce (ICC), Paris, France.
2004- Present: Executive Member, Nepal – USA Chamber of Commerce and Industry, a binational
chamber, representing and catering to the needs and interests of business people
exporting goods to the USA and US investors making investment in Nepal.
2008- Present : Executive Member of Nepal – Australia Chamber of Commerce and Industry,
a bi-national chamber, representing and catering to the needs and interests of business people
exporting goods to Australia and Australian investors making investment in Nepal.
2009- Present : Executive Member, Nepal-Australia Chamber of Commerce and Industry.