Education & Qualification:
2013 Advocate Passed the Nepal Bar Exam and was admitted to the Bar
2012-2013 L. P. C. Centre for Professional Legal Studies, Cardiff University,United Kingdom
2009-2012 LL.B (Hons) Cardiff Law School, Cardiff University, United Kingdom
2006-2008 A-Levels Budhanilkantha School,Kathmandu
Gandhi and Associates
• Currently working under the direct guidance of Founding Partner of the Firm, Mr. Gandhi Pandit
• Specialized in handling International Dispute and Dispute Resolution Process including Arbitration.
• Experience in helping foreign clients in setting up their business in Nepal, and providing necessary assistance to establish Joint Venture companies pursuant to the laws of Nepal.
• Giving Legal Consultation to Hydropower companies;
o Draft, review and negotiate Power Purchase Agreements, Memorandum of Understanding, obtain necessary approvals & permissions from Department of Industry and other concerned authorities.
o Legal Due Diligence relating to the prospect of investing in a Hydro Project in Nepal.
o Advising the company on other laws and policies matter.
o Reviewing and revising the Power Development Agreement to be signed between a Company and the Government of Nepal.
o Assisting in reviewing and finalizing the India-Nepal Transmission Line Service Agreement.
• Dealing with some of the biggest clients of the firm, attending negotiations, preparing legal opinions, drafting and reviewing agreements and contracts.
• Advice on matters of reinsurance, underinsurance, double insurance and risk assessment.
• Advice on matters relating to share floatation, bond and private debt securities issues, and business expansion schemes.
• Provide comprehensive advice to the clients in terms of the corporate law and takeover code, implication and financial planning for business venture.
• Providing advisory services in both direct and indirect tax.Dealing with the issues relating to the tax structure, double tax treaty issues, planning for tax efficient corporate structures, expatriate tax planning, employee remuneration and settling tax disputes with the tax authority.
• Also involved in the Management of the Firm Aug 2013 – present
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP, Brussels, Belgium
• He has worked for 1 month at a leading International Law firm with Anti-trust and Competition team
• He was involved in the redaction of important and confidential client information that was to be submitted to the opposing party’s lawyers on a major merger deal.
• He was involved in legal research and assisted a senior associate of the firm in preparing European Commission submissions
• He was also involved in Press monitoring duties on an important legal precedent setting case. Jun 2013 – Jul 2013
Constitution Assembly Secretariat of Nepal – Public Accounts Committee
• He has attended meetings of the Parliamentary Public Accounts Committee and its sub-committees, witnessing the scrutinizing of government expenditures
• He has researched accounts of Government Owned Public Corporations and presented it to the Committee.
• He has provided assistance to the permanent administrative office of the Committee Aug2011 – Sep 2011
Berry Smith LLP, Cardiff, Geldards LLP, Cardiff and Capital Law, Cardiff
• One week internships each at three regional law firms in Cardiff during the Easter vacation and as part of the LPC placement program
• At Berry Smith, he has worked at the Corporate Finance and Commercial law and Intellectual Property departments. Tasks included reviewing contracts and flagging remarkable clauses for the client and researching trademark protection law.
• At Geldards, he has worked at various departments through out the week, doing primarily legal research and other general administrative works in the commercial and contract law, employment law, land and property law as well as personal injury departments at the firm. The highlight of the scheme was meeting a claimant and was being present during the initial client interview.
• At Capital Law, he has worked in the Corporate & Commercial and Intellectual Property departments, reviewing contracts for termination options, drafted newsletters for clients on relevant law Apr 2010, Oct 2012
Cardiff Law School Pro Bono Scheme – NHS Continuing Health Care Claims
• Interviewing clients, drafting letters on their behalf to Health Boards, Clients and Courts and lodging complains with the ombudsman
• Guiding clients on the procedures to successfully claim NHS Continuing Health Care for financial and social help
• Reviewing patient records and preparing claims
• Indexing and Filing documents as well as other administrative and IT duties Sep 2010 – Jun 2011
• Cardiff University Law Society
2009 – 2012
• SFON Kathmandu – Executive Member 2008 – 2009
• BNKS dot net – Treasurer 2007 – 2008
• STAR club – Executive member 2007 -2008
Areas of Practice : Corporate Law, Taxation, Hydropower, Banking, Insurance, Aviation, Project Finance, Notarization, Translation, International Business, International Dispute Resolution and Litigation