When you need a top rated Attorney in Centralia, MO, rely on Law Office Of Jason Shackelford, P.C., who has been practicing law since 2002. We offer legal representation for a variety of case types including Family Law, Criminal Defense Attorney, Divorce Attorney and much more. We strive to educate our clients and inform them of their options so we can get them the best results. When you want a quality attorney in Centralia, MO, Call on Law Office Of Jason Shackelford, P.C., we are committed to providing our customers with the highest quality of service.
The law office of The Law Office Of Jason Shackelford, P.C. have been proudly serving the Missouri communities for many years. Over the years, and based on increasing demand, our law firm has expanded and welcomed more Missouri attorneys who specialize in various areas of the law, including Criminal Law, Civil Law and Family Law, to better serve our growing clientele. We are extremely proud to be able to offer legal advice, legal counsel and representation in most any area of the law, and to most any client, from individuals to corporations and government bodies.
We welcome your call or visit regardless of your legal situation or budget. Depending on the case and specific situation, we are in some cases able to represent some of our clients ‘pro bono’, or to offer very competitive or discounted rates for our legal services. In most cases involving monetary compensation, you do not have to give us a penny unless and until we help you win your case. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain by calling us for more information.
Our utmost priority is to support and represent the community as well as the businesses and government bodies located in the Missouri area. No case is too big or too small for our superior team of Missouri attorneys. We are happy to take on any case, from petty theft to corporation sized embezzlement, legal services, civil litigation and bankruptcy law and we guarantee that we will not stop working on your behalf until we are satisfied that we have done absolutely everything in our power to bring a resolution to your case.
Our Precept: Dedicated and Affirmed to Protect and Serve Our Clients & The Cause.
Dr. Jason A. Shackelford is currently a practicing attorney at The Law Office of Jason Shackelford, P.C., which was founded October 2, 2002. Dr. Shackelford has practiced law in over eighty-two (82) different state courts, and various federal and municipal courts across the State of Missouri since 2001. He has represented clients in over Twelve-Thousand (12,000) cases which have necessitated his travel to multiple states within the Union in search of truth and justice for his clients.
Dr. Shackelford is currently a member of the following Bar Associations: The Missouri Bar; the United States Federal District Court, Western District (includes Central Division); the United States Federal District Court, Eastern Division; the Audrain County Bar; & the Boone County Bar.
In 1995, Dr. Shackelford obtained a Bachelor of Science Degree in Criminal Justice, Administration of Justice, and a minor in Aviation from the University of Central Missouri (formerly known as Central Missouri State University) in Warrensburg, Missouri. While attending Central Missouri State University, Dr. Shackelford became a member of the National Criminal Justice Honor Society known as Alpha Phi Sigma. He also authored a Literary Research Essay which was featured in Windows to Writing: A Collection of CMSU Student Essays (Third Ed., 1993-1994), Central Missouri State University Department of English & Philosophy.
After college, Dr. Shackelford worked for a multi-state insurance company based in Columbia, Missouri, as an Assistant to the Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Claims Unit, and then as a Personal Injury Claims Examiner. He was later honored by being designated as the PIP Unit’s “Odd State” Examiner.
In the year 2000, Dr. Shackelford obtained his Doctorate of Law from the Regent University School of Law in Virginia Beach, Virginia (hence, his title as ‘doctor’). While at Regent University, Dr. Shackelford became a Pupil-Member of the esteemed James Kent American Inn of Court, in Norfolk, Virginia. He was also featured in “Who’s Who Among American Law Students” (1999 ed.). Among many other accomplishments, Dr. Shackelford was also recognized as a “Winner for Excellence in Leadership”, by the Regent University School of Law on October 8, 1999. He also authored ‘TEXTUALISM: IF THE SHOE FITS – THE ONE SHOE METHOD’, (Apr. 2000) and ‘THE LEGAL RESEARCH OUTLINE FOR FIRST YEAR LAW STUDENTS’, edited by Marie S. Hamm, J.D., Adjunct Professor, Regent Univ., (Mar. – May 2000).
Dr. Shackelford was a Founding Member of the Regent Jurist Society, Publisher of Foundations: Veritas, Libertas, Jus (Aug. 1998 – Oct. 1999, Treasurer Oct. 1998 – Oct. 1999). He also served as the Vice President of the Christian Legal Society, Regent University School of Law Chapter (Mar. 1998 – Apr. 1999) and as a member (Aug. 1997 – May, 2000).
Dr. Shackelford is either currently participating, or has participated in times past, in the following charitable organizations:
- • American Diabetes Association (ADA) Delegate (Past).
- • American Legion Department of Missouri / Missouri State Highway Patrol – Missouri Cadet Patrol Academy, Jefferson City, MO (Past).
- • American Mock Trial Assn. (AMTA) Regional Competition Judge, Columbia, MO (Past).
- • Audrain County Sheriff’s Department, Mexico, MO:
- – Audrain County Sheriff’s Department Cadet (ACSDC), (Past). Worked dispatch, road/patrol, traffic, jail, transport, and other details, such as drug eradication, missing person searches, child identification, and security for public events. Past President of the ACSDC.
- • Board of Advocates Competition: MU Law School Fall Moot Court Competition (Past).
- • Centralia High School Interview Skills Workshop, Centralia, MO, (Past).
- • Centralia Senior Center (2010-2012).
- • Children’s Miracle Network Telethon (CMN) Volunteer:
- – University of Missouri Hospital and Clinics, Columbia, MO (Past/Present).
- – Support staff (behind the set) Children’s Hospital of the King’s Daughters, Norfolk, VA. (Past).
- • Handy Shop Board Of Trustees Member, Mexico, MO (Past).
- • Kiwanis International, Centralia, MO, Chapter, (2002 – Present).
- – Board Member (2006 & 2011-present).
- • Mid-Missouri Co-Op of Home Educators:
- – President/Chairman (Past);
- – Board Member Columbia, MO, (Past);
- – Member (Present).
- • Missouri High School Mock Trial Judge, Columbia, MO (Past/Present).
- • National Multiple Sclerosis Society (MS Soc.), Hampton Roads Virginia Chapter (Past).
- • Rotary International, Centralia, Mo., Chapter (2014 – present).
- • Shelter Insurance Companies Partner in Education, West Junior High, Columbia, MO (Past).
In addition to his service to the charitable organizations listed above, Dr. Shackelford has taught numerous Continuing Legal Education Courses to Missouri lawyers since 2005. He continues to teach CLEs for the Missouri Bar on occasion as requested.
Dr. Shackelford is either currently participating, or has participated in times past, in the following professional organizations:
- • American Bar Association (Present).
- • Association of Trial Lawyers of America (Past).
- • Audrain County Bar Association (July, 2002 – present).
- • Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis (Past).
- • Boone County Bar Association (Present).
- • Christian Legal Society, (Aug. 1997 – 2001).
- • Civil Practice & Procedure Committee, Missouri Bar, (2006 – Present).
- • Criminal Law & Procedure Committee, Missouri Bar, (2006 – present).
- • Elwood M. Thomas Inn of Court, Columbia, MO. (2007 – 2011).
- • Federalist Society (Apr. 1999 – 2001).
- • James Kent American Inn of Court, Norfolk, VA. (May, 1999 – May, 2000).
- • Missouri Bar, (Sept. 2001 – present).
- • National Lawyer’s Association (Aug. 1999 – 2002).
- • Solo & Small Firm Practice, Missouri Bar, (2006 – present).
- • Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association (Jun. 2001 – 2003).
Dr. Shackelford is also a certified instructor with the National Rifle Association and conducts firearms training, concealed carry courses, and multiple SMARTWoman and TacticalGuardian courses for SafeWoman, Inc. and Tactical Guardian, Inc. throughout the State of Missouri.