The founder of the firm, the late Frederick E Kelsick, QC, studied law at The University of Toronto, Canada and Pembroke College, Cambridge University and was called to the Bar at Lincoln’s Inn in London. Fred returned to his native Montserrat and began practice there. He traveled to St. Kitts in 1947 to conduct a criminal defence on assignment by the Court after which he set up practice in Basseterre.
His practice grew rapidly and his reputation as an advocate and a commercial lawyer spread throughout the Leeward Islands between which he moved regularly to appear in Court and to consult with his growing clientele. He was joined in April 1960 by his brother John Kelsick under the name Kelsick & Kelsick. John also attended Cambridge University and was called to the Bar at Lincoln’s Inn in February 1960. Their partnership continued until John returned to Montserrat in 1967.