BARRISTER ABEDIN & ASSOCIATES is one of the leading new generation Law Firms in Bangladesh, set up to provide comprehensive, prompt, cost effective and excellent legal services to numerous clients. We pride ourselves on the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of the legal services we provide.
The firm is manned by dynamic, well qualified and highly motivated Barristers, Advocates & Legal Consultants whose drive for professional excellence, dedication to hard work and efficiency have endeared many clients to the firm. The firm offers a full range of legal services, meeting virtually every need of the client. The firm represents clients on the national and international level. Some of our Associates have experience of practice in U.K. The firm also benefits from the research and guidance of experienced Jurists and retired Judges of the Superior Courts.
We believe in team work and we are associated with most of the eminent jurists and law firms of this country. In a case where we feel the need of an expert, we gladly bring him/her in our team and defend our clients’ best interest with utmost sincerity. Beside that we are also working to get acquainted with other international Law Firms and make them our working partners in different parts of the world.
Barrister Syed Haseenul Abedin,the Head of Chambers, hail from a respectable SYED family in Brahmanbaria, born in Bangladesh on the 16th September, 1965, schooling in Ideal High School, Motijheel, Dhaka, successfully passed S.S.C in 1982, successfully completed H.S.C. from Dhaka College, Dhaka, in 1984, completed B.A.(Hons.) in English Literature from the University of Dhaka in 1990 and stood 5th in the merit list .Thereafter he traveled to England to study law and successfully completed LL.B.(Hons.) from the University of the Wolverhampton, England, in 2001. Successfully completed a post graduate diploma course from the University of Northumbria at Newcastle, England and was called to the Bar of England Wales in July 2003. A member of the Honb’le Society of Lincoln’s Inn, London.
- Part time Lecturer of London School of Law and Business, London, from 2001 to 2002.
- Worked as a junior of Barrister Shafiq Ahmed, who is currently the Honb’le Minister for Law, Justice & Parliamentary Affairs, Govt. of the Peoples’ Republic of Bangladesh.
- Head of the Department of Law, Bangladesh University, from 2005 to 2006.
- Visiting faculty member of the Department of Law, Northern University of Bangladesh, from 2004 to 2008
- Assistant Professor of the Department of Law and Human Rights of University of Development Alternative (UODA), Dhanmondi, Dhaka, since 1st January 2005.
- Presently practising law in the Supreme Court of Bangladesh and also in the Subordinate Courts of Bangladesh
Areas of law:
Admiralty and Maritime
Business and Industry